Publications by Tom Clark of Clark Consulting include the first American graduate textbook on distance education (1991), a seminal monograph on K-12 online learning (2001), three professional books, fifteen scholarly monographs and chapters, several refereed articles, program evaluation reports, and confidential studies for clients.
Online, Blended and Distance Education in Schools (Stylus, 2015), co-edited with Michael K. Barbour, Cites 8 key trends and provides examples of successful programs around the world.
- White papers, case studies and policy briefs/reports authored or co-authored for clients, such as MVLRI /Michigan Virtual University (2014, 2016), Microsoft in Education (2014), EvalSolutions and Illinois State Board of Education (2012, 2014), NCREL (2005), and WestEd.
- Virtual Schools (Teachers College Press, 2005), co-edited with Zane L. Berge,
- Virtual Schools: Trends and Issues(WestEd, 2001).
- Distance Education (Jossey-Bass, 1991), co-authored with John R. Verduin
- Special studies and confidential consultation reports for clients.
We have organized or co-developed pre-conferences, panels and sessions at a number of major conferences, as well as online workshops and webinars. Examples include:
- Clark, T. Data analytics in a virtual school: Then and now. Paper presented at OLC Accelerate, the 22nd annual meeting of the Online Learning Consortium (Orlando, November 2016).
- Evaluation’s role in advancing educational transformation in a global society. Think Tank organizer and moderator. (Annual Meeting of the American Evaluation Association, Oct. 2014)
- Global trends in K-12 online and blended learning: Implications for American education. Panel organizer and moderator (iNACOL Symposium, Nov. 2014)
- Jarosewich, J., Clark, T. A., Oyer, E. J., Cullen, M., & Barnhart, K. Case study analysis in an EETT (Enhancing Education Through Technology) program evaluation. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association (Vancouver, April 2012).